What is a Big Conversation?
A Big Conversation helps everyone understand strategy, and the role they play in supporting it.
- It helps the leadership team build a strategic narrative to articulate its vision, strategy, and plans
- It engages with people through discussion to translate the big picture into "what this means for me"
- It helps people make sense of complexity and see how different themes, initiatives and change projects fit together
- It breaks down internal barriers, and links 'global' and 'local'
- It recognizes that everyone plays a part in delivering strategy; and that winning commitment requires listening and understanding
- It involves people in working through change
A Big Conversation is made up of:
- A number of structured meetings to build leadership and wider engagement
- A big picture
- Leaders and managers trained in using the picture to sustain the conversation
- Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of discussions over time about strategy and local actions
- The measurement of its impact